Contextual alternates: When kerning isn’t enough, Manicotti uses contextual alternates to improve certain letter combinations.
Case-sensitive punctuation: In all-caps settings, Manicotti repositions quotes and resizes brackets.
Discretionary ligatures: Decorative TT and OO ligatures help mix things up a little.
Unicase: Can’t decide between uppercase and lowercase? Stylistic Set 1 substitutes unicase alternates.
Swash alternates & snap-on swashes: Manicotti contains a set of decorative swash alternates, and some ending swashes are found in Stylistic Set 2. Additionally, a collection of snap-on swashes is accessible through the Ornaments feature.
Roman ampersand: Stylistic Set 3 substitutes the default ampersand with a more traditional alternate.
Ornaments: Manicotti comes with a bunch of ornaments, including dingbats, arrows, and pointing hands.
- Manicotti, available for licensing through MyFonts
- Manicotti, available for licensing through Veer
- Type Directors Club TDC2 2007 Results
- Veer Ideas: The 2010 Staff Picks
- FontStruct: Plagiacotti
- Through Thick and Thin, an article of mine about stress and contrast